On June 11, 1986 Joe Campisano started The Campisano Marine Insurance agency to provide cost effective boat insurance along the New Jersey Coastline. The business grew by building a solid clientele based on superior customer service and follow up.
Since 1986 Campisano Insurance has grown to provide boat insurance from Maine to Florida, Internationally to the Bahamas and beyond with clients traveling as far south as La Guaira, Venezuela and through the Panama Canal to Los Sueños, Costa Rica.
What sets Campisano Marine Insurance apart from the rest?
We’re boaters just like you. When you call us you’re speaking with experienced boaters
People that in addition to knowing Boat Insurance have owned, driven and repaired center consoles, high performance Cigarette style boats, Sport fisherman, jet skis and Whalers. We’ve cruised to St Michaels, run “the Ditch” on the way to Florida, pulled up to Gilbert’s for lunch and caught a couple tuna at the Hudson – We speak your language providing the BEST in Boat & Yacht Insurance, High Value Home, Auto and Personal Insurance.
Your boat is more than a reward. It represents an investment and a lifestyle that deserves to be protected by experts in marine insurance.
As specialists in boat, yacht, PWC, and commercial marine insurance for 30 + years, Campisano Marine Insurance provides a level of expertise that is unsurpassed in the marine insurance industry. By focusing exclusively on marine insurance, we are able to place a comprehensive array of marine boat insurance coverage for almost any type of watercraft.
We offer SPECIAL Boat Insurance programs for the way you use your boat that are a result of our 30+ years in the business working with select underwriters. Some of these programs are:
• NEW Luxury Sport fish Yacht Policy
• Center Console Boat Insurance
• High Performance Center Console Boat Insurance
• Sportfisherman Insurance
• Cruiser / Sport Cruiser Insurance
• Yacht Insurance
• High Performance Boat Insurance
• Classic V-Hull Performance Boat insurance – have an older Cigarette, Donzi, or Fountain? Campisano Insurance can cover it for less!
• Tournament Fishing Boat insurance – travel outside your local waters for a short 3 day Fishing Tournament? Campisano Insurance has your boat, rods, electronics covered!
• International Waters – trailering your boat to FL to take a trip over the Bimini? Campisano Insurance makes sure you’re covered there and back!
• Charter Coverage – have your larger Sportfisherman, Cruisier or Yacht operating as a part time Charter business? Campisano Insurance makes sure business assets are protected!
We assist our clients with their claims to make sure they are paid fairly and timely! Finally as boaters we can explain to you what you need and what your boat insurance covers in plain boater speak such as:
• Basic coverage. Protection for which other carriers may demand additional premiums such as uninsured boater, personal property, medical payments, commercial towing, fuel spills, and dinghy.
• Broad physical damage coverage. Protection in the event of a collision with a submerged object or another boat.
• Protection and indemnity coverage. Provides liability coverage for bodily injury or damage to the property of others.
• Personal property coverage. Protects personal property on the yacht including, but not limited to, clothing, stereo system, cameras and other personal items.
• Towing and assistance coverage. Transports your yacht to a repair facility when it’s inoperable and you’re stranded.
• Hurricane haul-out reimbursement endorsement.
• Customized navigation territories. To match your needs.
• Lay-up discounts. For every month your yacht is kept out of the water.
• Agreed Value or Actual Cash Value coverage.
• And many other options
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
You’ll enjoy the water even more when you’re not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
• If you’re in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
• If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
• If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
• Your watercraft also needs protection when it’s on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
• How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
• Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
• What discounts and programs are available?
• How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
• Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
• What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?
• Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
• Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider • purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
The personal watercraft policy covers:
• bodily injury
• property damage
• guest passenger liability
• medical payments
• Liability limits start at $300,,000 and can be increased to $1,000,000.
Typical policies include deductibles of $250 for property damage, $500 for theft and $1,000 for medical payments.
Additional coverage can also be purchased for trailers and other accessories.
You should talk to your insurance representative about the type of coverage that would best suit your needs.